With the launch of the three new touch screen mobile phones, Samsung now has a portfolio of seven touch screen phones, ranging from Star to its flagship touch screen phone, S8300 Ultra Touch mobile launched last month.
"Samsung Star and Samsung Star 3G are significant additions to our full-touch screen mobile portfolio, featuring all the essential functions in one single device. At Samsung, our effort is to deliver various full touch mobiles for every consumer lifestyle," said Sunil Dutt, Country Head, Samsung Mobile Division.
Samsung Star (S5233):
Samsung Star S5233 mobile comes with the latest multimedia features in a slim and compact body that measures a mere 11.9mm. It also comes with a stylus for convenience. Other features include:
* a 3.0-inch WQVGA full-touch screen and Samsung's TouchWiz User Interface with Mobile Widgets and an accelerometer sensor
* "Photo Contact," to call a contact by touching an appointed image.
* 3.2 mega-pixel camera with smile recognition
* multi-format playback and Samsung's DNSe sound engine
* recognition using Shazam's "Find Music" service
* 50MB Internal memory, expandable up to 8GB via microSD cards
* Google applications like Google Search, Gmail, Google maps; online widgets and photo blogging
Gesture Control is a new feature added that allows the user to unlock the touch screen or run an application by just giving a gesture command. For example - to call a friend, you don't need to search his/her number in the contacts list, just give a gesture command (A, B or C as per your preference and setting) - the phone will recognize the command and dial the number. In addition, the user can also customize various applications like C- Call, M – Music, I – Internet etc.The phone also supports a virtual QWERTY keyboard for messaging and handwriting features.
Samsung Star 3G (S5603):
The second mobile phone, the Samsung Star 3G comes with full Internet browsing support with an accelerometer sensor for auto-rotation and, as the name suggests, is a 3G enabled mobile phone. Samsung Star 3G (S5603) equipped with the same features as the Samsung S5233 mobile including Gesture Control. It also has a 3.2 mega-pixel camera with Power LED Flash and 80MB Internal memory expandable up to 8GB.
Samsung BEAT DJ:
Samsung's BEAT DJ mobile phone was announced at MWC earlier this year and has finally made it to our shores. Running Samsung's intuitive DISC User Interface, the Samsung BEAT DJ comes fully loaded with Bang & Olufsen audio technology.
"Samsung BEAT DJ mobile phone is designed to take music on mobile phones to a whole new level of quality and exciting user experience. With amazing sound quality and advanced music application, Samsung BEAT DJ will appeal to a growing base of consumers who want to consolidate their music playing devices without compromising on style, function and experience", said Dutt.
With Samsung BEAT DJ application & DISC UI, users will be able to add preloaded voice samples and sound effects to their favorite songs and record it. Users can also 'scratch' the records by swiping their fingers across the display. The model comes with the following feature set -
* 2.8-inch AMOLED touchscreen display (240 x 400 pixels with 16 million colors), accelerometer
* 50MB internal microSD card slot (up to 16GB)
* 3MP AF camera, Geo-tagging, Smile Shot, Face Detection
* HSDPA, EDGE
* Bluetooth v 2.1, USB 2.0 (micro)
* GPS with A-GPS
* DivX, XviD, WMV, MP4 playback support
* 3.5mm AV socket, DNSe, SRS Virtual Surround
* FM radio with recording
* 50MB internal memory, expandable to 8GB with the micro SD card
The Samsung BEAT DJ mobile is also equipped with built-in real stereo speakers - powered by B&O's ICEpower amplifier.
The Samsung Star S5233, S5603 and Beat DJ are priced at Rs. 11,100, Rs. 14,499 and Rs. 18,990 respectively.
Top Selling Samsung Mobile Phones in India:
Books on Mobile Phones:
Modern CDMA Mobile Phone
Modern Mobile Phone Unlocking